Daisy Cakes

left: Choc full o’ Passion Vanilla bean cupcake filled with passion fruit cream and topped with milk chocolate frosting
right: S’mores Chocolate cupcake filled with ganache and topped with toasted meringue and graham cracker

I've been meaning to stop by Dasiy Cakes since the beginning of the school year when I first heard about it but didn't get around to it until recently. Their shop is a big, shiny trailer located in a small parking lot on the corner of some random street in the middle of downtown. I love the vintage small-town, local neighborhood shop vibe it has. I've only tried a couple "gourmet" cupcakes before but I'd say these definitely take the lead. The cupcake bases themselves were good. They were more dense than box cake mix and the outside had that irresistible crunchy crust. In my opinion, the filling was what made these cupcakes better than other i've tried. The passion fruit cream was...amazing. It was light and creamy and actually tasted exactly like passion fruit. gah, so good. As for the ganache filling in the s'mores cupcake, yeah...impossible to deny that, especially paired with the toasted meringue topping. Reminds me of the pwild and campfires. (: 
I brought these home to share with the family. Yes, they diminished quickly. sigh, if only i could eat desserts guiltlessly like this everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment