ch-ch-ch-ch-chia

These muffins are perhaps the healthiest thing I've ever baked. 
After finally getting my hands on some Chia seeds, I've been wanting to try using it in baking. Now that exams are finally over (yayyayyyskdjajdlkoei!!!!), I can go crazy with my beloved chia. Originally, I was planning on making a chocolate fig muffin but after I dumped in the cocoa powder, I realized that we had eaten all of the figs...not surprising. Luckily, we still had some frozen berries in the freezer. Since I was too lazy to find a good recipe using chia seeds, I decided it would be fine to trust my instinct (ha..) and sort of just threw everything into a bowl so the measurements below are really rough estimates. Surprisingly, they turned out crunchy on the outside and really light and fluffy on the inside and not dense and glutinous like I feared as a result of using little/no sugar and butter. 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 large egg

1/3 cup honey
6 tsb chia gel
1 tsp vanilla extract

2/3 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
a few tablespoons of cocoa powder if you want
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup berries

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk together the greek yogurt, chia gel, honey, vanilla extract, and egg. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, wheat bran, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the berries. Spoon the dough into 9-10 muffin cups. Bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. attack. 
(my sparing amount of cocoa powder gave it a funny color...)

No comments:

Post a Comment