what i dream about...

Do you ever wish there was a rich, delicious dessert that was actually healthy for you and not just empty calories? I definitely do...all.the.time.
well, 

wish granted

I'm always perusing, trying, and altering different recipes to make them healthier. I finally found one that is simply to die for: black bean brownies by pattycake. It's rich, chocolatey, fudgy, moist, melt-in-your-mouth, everything you want in a brownie. It does have a little bit of a grainy texture due to the black beans but it's sort of concealed by the creaminess of the brownie...I actually kind of like it. My family and I finished almost all of it within a couple hours after it came out of the oven. Definitely going to be a staple dessert recipe. 

recipe
I altered Patty's recipe a little bit to accomodate the ingredients I had at home. basically just substituted the coconut oil for olive oil.

2 cups cooked black beans
2 large eggs
1/4 cups agave nectar
1/4 cups brewed coffee (or Kahlua liqueur)
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cups olive oil
1/2 cups cocoa
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt  
1/3 cups chopped dark chocolate

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Blend together black beans, eggs, agave nectar, coffee, vanilla and oil. In a separate bowl, sift together cocoa, corn starch, cinnamon, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in chopped chocolate. Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 9" pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

my mom calculated the nutritional information using this program that she has:  
One 55 gram (about 1/15 of the whole batch) serving contains
156 Kcal, 4.4 gram protein, 3.2 gram fiber, 4.3 gram sugars, 9.7 grams fat (mainly from the olive oil and 4 oz chocolate chunks)



No comments:

Post a Comment